Donate-A-Book, Share the Joy of learning at the SM STORE
- Shoppers can share the gift of knowledge with less fortunate children through the Donate– a-Book campaign now ongoing at selected SM Stores nationwide until September 30.
2. New and gently used pre-loved books of all kinds are all welcome. Shoppers can also donate and match with Learning is Fun (LIF) books, as well as SM Stationery section’s learning materials, and in exchange, shoppers will receive a 100 pesos discount coupon for every donation made.
3. Since 2015, The SM Store has collected and distributed over 800,000 books to public schools and libraries through the Donate-A-Book campaign. Pre-pandemic photo shows the turnover of the books and school supplies to the students of Balanga Elementary School in Balanga, Bataan. Here, Elena Almario and Marlyn Gerio of Dep Ed EPS 1, and Balanga Elementary School Principal IV Amelia Inieto receive the books from (from left) SM Foundation Head of School Building Team Juris Soliman, The SM Store North Luzon Zone Head Joseph Rosal, SM Retail SAVP Gilda Maquilan, and The SM Store Olongapo Branch Manager Rosemarie Chua-Labrador.
4. These girls from Balanga Elementary School happily and excitedly show their brand new sets of school supplies courtesy of The SM Store’s Donate-a-Book campaign.
5. Kids from Balanga Elementary school are very happy to receive books donated by The SM Store during the recent Donate-a-Book campaign turn-over ceremony, held last 2019 in Balanga, Bataan. SM Store File photos
SM shoppers can continue to share the joys of learning with children who need them most through The SM Store’s Donate a Book campaign, which is now ongoing at select branches nationwide until September 30, 2021.
While face-to-face classes still have to resume, schooling certainly extends beyond the campus. And your donations will go a long way as these will be very helpful to distribute to partner public schools and libraries around the country. Here’s how you can share your gift of knowledge:
- Visit the Donate a Book booths at participating branches of the SM Store at Metro Manila, North Luzon, South Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
- Donate new or pre-loved books. All books are very much welcome, especially storybooks, educational, and hobby books that can help spark a child’s curiosity, imagination, and knowledge.
- Donate and match with Learning Is Fun (LIF) books that are available at The SM Store. LIF offers a wide range of books from toddlers to adult categories such as activity books, early learning educational books, cookbooks, reference books, storybooks, Inspirational books, and game and toy books. Being the participating partner of the said campaign, the company will donate the same number of books sold during the program period.
- School supplies are welcome. you can also donate notebook packs of 6 and school sets that include a backpack, notebooks, rulers, and pens that are4 available at The SM Stationery section.
In exchange, shoppers will receive a 100 pesos discount coupon for every donation made.
The Donate-a-Book campaign began in 1998 as one of SM Foundation’s groundbreaking mall-based programs. It has been part of the SM Store’s community programs since 2015, collecting and distributing almost 800,000 books and learning materials through the generosity of The SM Store customers.
Share the Joy of Learning and visit the Donate-a-Book kiosks at the participating branches of The SM Store nationwide. ###