MODERN WAYS TO WEAR FILIPINIANA AT KULTURA
A cropped terno top worn with slim silk pants . . . Art Deco inspired black embroidery on a white silk terno top and ruffled skirt . . . an exquisitely embroidered capelet over a red shantung silk gown . . . a playful inabel terno top with pineapple designs.
These are some of the Kultura Filipino’s Modern Filipiniana designs for the contemporary Filipina. And you’ll be amazed how the traditional Filipiniana attire has been transformed into inventive and exciting new looks.
The iconic butterfly sleeved terno gets a fresh new look worn with pants and other modern pieces. Natural materials like pinasilk and jusi are woven by local artisans into stylish pieces with exquisite hand painting and embroidery. Inabel fabric from the Ilocos region is updated with innovative designs.
In this time that intimate events and special occasions with health protocols are now allowed, make that moment memorable and meaningful and dress up with fashionable Modern Filipiniana and Barong Tagalog from Kultura.
The collection consists of both classic and modern silhouettes – tops, skirts and dresses that can be worn together or mix and match. Many of the pieces are embroidered or hand-painted by artisans in our partner communities of weavers, embroiderers, farmers and workers, making each unique and a true labor of love.
Perfect for small intimate events and special occasions, the Modern Filipiniana and Barong Tagalog collection is available at Kultura Stores. You can also shop thru our website: www.kulturafilipino.com or thru Call to Deliver 09175174096. Kultura ships here and abroad. ###
Photo caption (from L-R in a sequence)
- This handwoven cropped Inabel terno worn with ivory shantung silk pants is an elegant yet playful option from Kultura’s Modern Filipiniana collection.
- Exquisitely embroidered silk cocoon kimono top is worn with a tiered shantung silk skirt.
- Intricate black embroidery on white silk gives this terno top and skirt an Art Deco feel.
- An inabel terno top with pineapple designs worn with a mikado silk ballgown skirt for today’s modern Filipina.
- Feminine hand-painted silk cocoon barong top with puffed sleeves and is paired with a navy mikado silk ball gown skirt
- Delicately embroidered organza bolero with scallop edges worn over a pink gazer gown.
- Delightful hand-painted and hand-embroidered floral accents highlight this white organza dress.
- Beautifully embroidered silk cocoon capelet paired with a red shantung silk gown.
- Handmade Luxury. Exquisitely embroidered Barong Tagalog in a silk cocoon.