PEOPLE’S COUNCIL OFFICERS TAKE OATH
The new set of officers and sectoral representatives of the newly established People’s Council took their oath of office last May 16, 2023.
The People’s Council aims to create a platform for the constituents of Baguio where they can voice out on matters that affect their lives.
The new set of officers and representatives are as follows:
Chairperson: Ms. Marlene De Castro of Baguio Center for Young Adults (BCYA) Inc.
Co-Chairperson: Mr. Rodolfo De Guia of Global Leadership Network (GLN), Philippines Inc.
Secretary: Ms. Jennifer Bugtong of Girl Scouts of the Philippines – Baguio City Council
Treasurer: Ms. Angeline Gayados of Cooperative Union of Baguio City & Luzon (CUBCL)
Auditor: Mr. Nathaniel Saquiban of Council for Restoration of Filipino Values (CRFV)
Public Relations Officer: Ms. Rowena Orajay of UPLIFE Movement Inc.
1. Business/Professionals – Mr. Leonora Atolba Alfonso of Wood, Rock, and Flowers Group Inc.
2. Women – Ms. Ronalyn P. Butil of Igorota Foundation
3. Persons with Disabilities – Bernadette G. Palicdon Autism Society Philippines Baguio
4. Urban Poor – Ms. Germelina Cynthia D. Jaramillo of Cordillera Women’s Education Action Research Center Inc
5. Cooperatives – Mr. Dionisio D. Padio of Seven Seven Hundred Seven Livingstone Communities Credit Cooperative
6. Social Justice/Peace and Order – Mr. Ray J. Calub of Task Force Kasanag
7. Health and Sanitation –Dr. Flordeliza Villegas of Philippine Dental Association
8. Academe/Education – Mr. Oscar N. Carbonell of Rehabilitation Action for Baguio Inc. (RAB)
9. Youth/Children – Ms. Frances Therese Z. Lampaz of Youth On Point
10. Senior Citizens – Ms. Margaret K. Tolero of the Senior Citizens Association of Barangay Irisan (SCABI)
11. Culture Arts and Heritage – Ms. Jocelyn B. Kapuno of IPEACE
12. Environmental/Urban Protection/Solid Waste – Ms. Maria Buena Victoria T. Tenefrancia of Zero Waste Baguio Inc.
13. Livelihood/Vendors – Mr. Benjamin M. Tiago of BAMAPCOM Entrepreneurs Multipurpose Cooperative
14. Religious – Chaplain Timmy P. Nalibsan of National Chaplains of the Philippines, Baguio Chapter
15. Indigenous Peoples – Atty. Manuel C. Cuilan of First Citizens
16. Transportation Sector – Mr. Richard M. Dollente of AKO Volunteer Action Group Inc. # Photos by Neil Clark Ongchangco