“PAGKAKAISANG HANDOG MULA SA PUSO”
LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL District 301-A2 Philippines a Joint Service Project involving LCI 5 global causes entitled “PAGKAKAISANG HANDOG MULA SA PUSO” initiated and spearheaded by Makati St. Camillus 102 LC headed by Pres. Victor Caguiao at the Brgy Utod, Nasugbu, Batangas onNov. 28, 2022 you – served the 229 students of Utod Elementary School from Kindergarten to Grade 6 including the PTA.
The following clubs were invited to participate along with their various contributions as follows:
1. Ayala Amity Centennial LC 5PMJF headed by Pres. Turkz Hussein, PMJF contributed 100 slippers;
2. Batangas City 103 LC MJF headed by Pres. Allen Macaraig, PMJF represented by Club Director Isay Faytaren Macaraig contributed 12 dozens slippers;
3. Batangas Crown LC PMJF headed by Sunshine Alolod, MJF contributed 300 alcohol spray bottles;
4. Cavite City Business Circle 104 LC headed by Charter Pres. Marisol Clavecillas, MJF contributed 250 packs of lava cake;
5. Magdalo LC MJF headed by Pres. Mary Ann Manguba- Teves represented by IPGMT Menchie Sarao, MJF & Lion Eileen Joy Magistrado Bainto contributed Minnie Mouse pencil sets & textbooks donation to the school library;
6. Makati Golden LC 2PMJF headed by Pres. Raissa Laurel-Subijano, MJF represented by Past President Monalee Dinglasan Maligaya Mjf contributed Arroz Caldo with boiled eggs;
7. Pasay City Remate LC MJF headed by Charter Pres. MaZen Ruiz and Pres. Chua Jc, MJF contributed 1,500 pics in 300 packs facemasks, 300 sets Providesone Iodine Ointment & Agua Oxinada, 2 Glucometers with 150 lancets & needles, 1000 tabs of Metformin, 1000 tabs of Amplodophin, 100 bottles of Vit. C with Zinc for kids, 150 packs of RUTF & 56 slippers (to complete slippers to 300 pics).
The lead club Makati St. Camillus 102 LC contributed 300 bottles water, 2 cartons Ceelin Vit. C for infants – 2 yrs old, 150 bottles Vit. C for kids, 2 carton of Ready to Use Therapeutic Food supplement (RUTF) & 2 carton of Vitamin & Mineral Powder (VMP) Food Supplement & Fruit bearing seedlings with vegetable seeds donated to the school to benefit all 229 students & more in the future.
Service Activities rendered were:
1. Diabetes Screening by Pres. Turks Hussein if Ayala Amity Centennial LC 5PMJF with IPGMT Menchie Sarai MJF of Magdalo LC MJF & medicine maintenance provision for parents, seniors teachers & brgy staff & officials – 71 beneficiaries;
2. Feeding of Arroz Caldo, Lava Cake, RUTF & bottled water – 300 students, teachers, parents & brgy staff, by all clubs;
3. Distribution of various giveaways – 300 beneficiaries by all clubs;
4. Reading Action Program (story telling) by Lion EJ Bainto of Magdalo LC MJF – 229 students;
5. Eyecare Awareness & Blindness Prevention by IPGMT Menchie Sarao MJF of Magdalo LC MJF with Pres. JC Chua of Pasay City Remate LC MJF – 300 students, parents & teachers;
6. Childhood Cancer Awareness & Prevention by CP Marisol Clavecillas MJF – 300 students, parents & teachers;
7. Games hosted by Pres Turks Hussein for students, parents, teachers & brgy staffs. Cash Prizes from generous Lions of Makati St. Camillus LC, Batangas Crown LC PMJF, Batangas City 103 LC MJF & Pasay City Remate LC MJF;
8. Program hosts: CP Mazen Ruiz of Pasay City Remate LC MJF & FVP Major Amelia Maderazo, MJF if Batangas Crown LC MJF;
9. Lunch for all Lions hosted by FVP Ma. Cristin Mercado of Makati St Camillys 102 LC at their family vacation house, a spread of sumptous buffet,and in grateful support to all the teachers of the Utod Elementary School headed by Principal Madam Aurea Distreza & all Barangay staff & tanods headed by Kap Mario Obrador for all their assistance and warm hospitality according to President Turks Hussein
It was indeed a learning fun-filled break for all the students, teachers & parents of the Utod Elementary School. Who would have thought that from Nasugbu proper after traveling 1 lane rough road surrounded by fields of corn & sugar canes, cows & carabao, at the end of which is a well kept beautiful public elementary school in Barangay Utod.
For us Lions it was a tiring but fulfilling service in fellowship experience. Another self-gratification story in our Lionism journey said President Turks Hussein
Total Volunteer Lions = 30
Total Volunteer Hours – 8am till 2pm = 6 hrs.
1. Ayala Amity Centennial LC 5PMJF – 1
2. Batangas City 103 LC MJF – 3
3. Batangas Crown LC PMJF – 9
4. Cavite City Business Circle 103 LC – 1
5. Magdalo LC MJF – 2
6. Makati Golden LC 2PMJF – 2
7. Makati St. Camillus LC – 10
8. Pasay City Remate LC MJF – 2
thank you also to PZC Elvie Flores for extending to all clubs mentioned above the invite to.participate in this service experience and for sharing her 3Ts coordinating such joint service project according to President Hussein
“Together We Can, Together We Will & Together We Served!”– via Lion Carlos C. Meneses