LGU Baguio still accepting applicants for college educational assistance
BAGUIO CITY (29 January 2021) – Qualified students for the Baguio College Education Financial Assistance Grant (BCEFAG) are called on to submit documentary requirements for future consideration when the scholarship committee meets for assessment.
According to City Mayor’s Office Executive Assistant and member of scholarship committee Marlene de Castro, the one-time submission of requirements is already in effect for approved first semester (2020-2021) grantees. Coordination with the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) and committee chair on Education Councilor Vladimir Cayabas’ office is done on these matters, it was known.
The BCEFAG was launched November last year with a city council approved funding of P10M annually, with a foreseen increase for more college students to benefit from the program. For now, a student receives P6,000 every semester as financial assistance.
The requirements to be submitted to the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), Upper Session Road are:
1. A brief application letter to Mayor Benjamin Magalong citing the intention to avail of the grant; duly accomplished application form with the latest 1.5 x 1.5 or 2.0 x 2.0 ID picture (at the upper right most side of the form);
2. Enrollment certificate (with the school’s official dry seal);
3. Assessment of school fees (with official dry seal);
4. Certificate of good moral character from the latest school attended;
5. Certificate of barangay residence for a minimum of two years;
6. Income tax return of parents or certificate of tax exemption to be secured at the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
7. Voter’s ID or certificate of voter’s registration, or parent/s’ voter’s registration if minor;
8. Barangay endorsement; and,
9. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate.
For those enrolled or intending to enroll in the undergraduate level, non-degree or technical vocational schools; a certified true copy of grades for the latest semester attended (with the school’s official dry seal) is needed;
For fresh secondary/high school graduates, a certified true copy of Form 138 or high school report card; and,
For Alternative Learning System students, certified true copies ALS certificate and the passing result of examination (with school’s official dry seal) should be submitted.
Baguio residents enrolled in schools outside the city are still considered for the assistance.
The documents should be submitted in two copies, in a long folder. – Julie G. Fianza with reports from the CSWDO